Regional Asia Information Security Exchange (RAISE) Forum (@raiseforum.org)
The RAISE Forum was established since 2004 as an overall focal point for the Asian standardization community on information security issues by:
- providing a platform for sharing of knowledge, and exchange ideas and dialogues on information security strategy, policies, and practices, including but not limited to their development, implementation, changes, and any lessons learnt that could be beneficial to the members of the Forum;
- providing a platform for sharing of knowledge, exchange of ideas and dialogues on information security standards related issues, challenges, and directions, in particular, relating to the adoption, deployment, and implementation of ICT related standards in the region;
- ensuring that the security-related standardization activities in Asia adequately reflect the requirements of the market constituents at a strategic level;
- providing a mechanism that could be used to follow-up on Asia policy requirements on Information Security standards issues;
- providing effective co-ordination between organizations of relevant standardization work programs and their execution;
- ensuring Asia requirements for standards and standards work in this area are correctly interfaced with international standards activity, and standards activity in other regions, to avoid conflict or duplication of effort; and
- acting as a strategic communication interface between relevant standards authorities and agencies on international standardization related topics.
Meeting Schedule & Location
The RAISE Forum has held 18 meetings since its inception. The Forum now meets once a year, in a location agreed by members from previous meeting. Each meeting is organized by the member from the location who is hosting the event. Attendees, both speakers and participants are self-funded for the event.
The 19th RAISE Forum meeting is scheduled to be held in Tokyo, Japan from November 19th to 20th, 2019.
The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, (ISC)2, has been the main sponsor for RAISE Forum since 2013.
Connect with RAISE Forum at Twitter: @raiseforum.org